Economy Exterminators is a QualityPro Pest Management Company. Pest control professionals play an essential role in protecting public health – we are proud of what we do!
Throughout April, Economic Exterminators join others in the professional pest control industry to celebrate National Pest Management Month (NPMM), an annual observance recognized by the National Pest Management Association (NPMA). Every year, NPMM highlights the vital role pest control professionals have in protecting public health, food and property from threats posed by pests. For Economy Exterminators, we hope to be the leading Carolina pest management company.
In the Carolinas, pests such as rodents, mosquitoes and cockroaches can transmit serious diseases to humans. Meanwhile, wood-destroying pests like termites can cause costly damage to homes and other property, and these are only a few examples of the pests known to infest homes in our area! Every day, our highly trained Carolina pest management professionals are using their knowledge and expertise to help keep the public protected from the threats posed by infestations.
Now that spring has sprung, homeowners can expect an influx in the appearance of pests around their homes. We recommend that homeowners do the following to help with Carolina pest management to alleviate worries between visits by Economy’s trained professionals:
- Eliminate sources of standing water around the structure and clean clogged gutters to help reduce moisture.
- Seal any cracks on the structure’s exterior with a silicone-based caulk, paying close attention to where utilities and pipes enter.
- Keep mulch at least 15 inches from the foundation and keep tree branches and shrubbery trimmed back and away from the structure.
- Replace weather-stripping and repair loose mortar around the foundation and windows.
- Keep basements, attics and crawl spaces well ventilated and dry to avoid moisture buildup.
- Store garbage in sealed containers and dispose of it regularly.
- Store food in airtight containers and keep surfaces clean of any crumbs or spills.
Contact a licensed pest control professional to schedule Carolina pest management session or assist with an infestation – Give us a call today to schedule your FREE inspection. We will make sure that your home is happy and pest-free.